This document offers operational guidance to Member States for the rapid investigation of suspected COVID-19 cases after an alert or signal. It is a tool to be used by local, regional, or national health authorities that addresses considerations in investigating cases of COVID-19.
– Access the publication (2 April 2020)
Global Surveillance for human infection with coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
This document provides guidance to Member States on implementation of global surveillance of COVID-19. The objectives of this global surveillance are:
- to monitor trends of the disease where human to human transmission occurs;
- rapidly detect new cases in countries where the virus is not circulating;
- provide epidemiological information to conduct risk assessments at the national, regional and global level; and
- provide epidemiological information to guide preparedness and response measures.
– Access the publication : “Global surveillance for COVID-19 caused by human infection with COVID-19 virus Interim guidance 20 March 2020” (20 March 2020)
Case-based reporting : reporting every case of COVID19
Aggregated reporting: reporting global cases count of COVID19
Considerations for quarantine of individuals in the context of containment for coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
The purpose of this document is to offer guidance to Member States on quarantine measures for individuals in the context of COVID-19. It is intended for those responsible for establishing local or national policy for quarantine of individuals, and adherence to infection prevention and control measures.
– Access the publication (19 March 2020)
Operational considerations for COVID-19 surveillance using GISRS
This document is intended for Ministry of Health and other government officials responsible for COVID-19 and influenza surveillance and summarizes the operational considerations for leveraging influenza surveillance systems to incorporate COVID‑19 testing.
– Access publication (26 March 2020)